Here's what we've been noticing in the world of Inside Out this past week...
🚴🏾Bike Angels: NYC government are rewarding ‘bike angels’ who rebalance city hire bikes so there’s always a plentiful supply
- Why it’s Of Note: Bike Angels earn significant cash for their new portfolio career role; the city provide residents and visitors with a more enjoyable experience; Lyft (the bike system operator) saves times and money; the program cuts out 500 tons of CO2 emissions a year
📱Gen Z and Millennials are using TikTok to share the(ir) reality of being laid off
- Why it’s Of Note: TikTok’s extraordinary algorithm gives these stories the potential to spread incredibly quickly. Employee engagement - not to mention employer brand - matters more than ever.
⚽️ #MerkyFC: Grime star Stormzy’s latest venture seeks to increase diversity in football (soccer) talent - both on and off the pitch. And instead of sizzly 30 second spot, it’s been launched with a 37 min TV show that has real, meaningful insight and analysis.
- Why it’s Of Note: #MerkyFC highlights opportunities and roles that many people didn’t realize were available or accessible; and isn’t afraid to get into the deeper details that typically stay hidden.
📭 Stripe layoffs: when tech companies have let go of hundreds (or thousands) of people, it hasn't always felt particularly human. Stripe came it at differently
- Why it’s Of Note: We’ve seen open letters from CEOs before, but Stripe’s Patrick Collison directly called out two significant mistakes that led them to this point - and took responsibility for both
🔊 SoundCloud ‘Behind this Track’: People are yearning for behind the scenes access. A feature in SoundCloud lets users get insight on their favorite songs.
- Why it’s Of Note: This one is a missed opportunity. First, there seems to be very little on offer - just basic stats. Where are the Easter Eggs: the studio photos, stems, and trivia?. Second, it was released a while ago but I only discovered it this weekend (not good given I use SoundCloud 5-10x per week). And third, there seems to be nothing online from Soundcloud’s product marketing team about the feature. iMdB still lead the way...
The Wavetable Exchange delivers insights, inspiration, and resources from the intersections of learning, creativity and growth.