There have been two notable phases in what’s known as "Edutainment".
The first wave was Hollywood-focused forays by the likes of Disney and Sesame Street. The second shifted further towards education, but often ended up unbalanced and clunky.
Edutainment became a bit of a dirty word.
After a period in the wilderness, we believe an exciting new wave of Edutainment is emerging. Imagine open-world curriculums; brands becoming neo educators; immersive social impact initiatives - and so much more. New innovations in this realm can revolutionize the ways millions - perhaps even billions - of people learn.
We call it Edutainment 3.0.
Fueled by seismic shifts in culture, media and technology, we see enormous potential - and 8 key themes emerging:
We’re excited to announce the first in a series of projects exploring and creating experiences, content and products that blend education and entertainment.
The Edutainment 3.0 report is a deep dive into these 8 trends, plus a history of Edutainment, recommendations and best practices, plus a series of co-creation workshops.
To get first access, add your email address below
About the report
This is a trends report, but not like you’ve seen it before. The report is a 3 act story. Each act is made up of a number of scenes, and has different characters appearing.
Act 1: Setting The Stage
- S1: What’s in a name?
- S2: Building Blocks: continuums, models and venns
- S3: The 3.0 Formula: our formula for unlocking magic
Act 2: How we got to now
- S1: Baby Steps: from Ancient to Modern
- S2: Edutainment 1.0: Childhood - 1950s-1980s
- S3: Edutainment 2.0: Adolescence - 1990s-2010s
- S4: The Precipice: Work & Play - 2010s-2020
Act 3: Edutainment 3.0
- S1: Young Adulthood: What’s different now
- S2: In The Wild - 8 themes driving this shift & live projects
- S3: Opportunities and best practices
We’re designing it as what we’re calling a StoryDeck - a presentation deck, but laid out ‘choose your own adventure’ style with different paths and routes to take. We’re also layering in video clips, animations, audio and other media to bring the report to life. We’re even making a (tongue in cheek) trailer for it.
The report will be offered in two formats:
- Free: Open access StoryDeck
- Premium: Access to more case studies + live workshops where you’ll get to spend time exploring some of the 7 themes in more depth, and have the chance to collaborate with our team and industry peers
Join the Web3 revolution
The premium version can be purchased either in cash, or via a limited edition NFT. Becoming an NFT owner gives you access to:
- Our Edutainment 3.0 report
- Premium content: additional case studies, recommendations and best practices to help you take advantage of these trends
- A private community
- 5 x workshops: live, interactive sessions to explore, co-create and connect
- Dedicated 1:1 consulting sessions with our team
- A vote on the social impact projects we’ll support
- Being part of future Edutainment 3.0 projects
How you can get involved
- Share your opinion or insights: if you have thoughts or opinions on Edutainment or related themes we’d love to chat with you. Any material we use will be credited accordingly
- Offer your input on the StoryDeck: Are you a strategist, designer, producer storyteller, or educator? Let us know you what you think about the project thus far (we can share the WIP deck with you)
All contributors will be credited in the final product, and will also get access to an NFT providing access to some small group collaboration sessions, plus a revenue share.
Curious to learn more? Get in touch >