To be human in the information age is to experience deep-seated tension. We exist in a constant overdose of information. And yet, we’re starving for meaningful engagement. We experience constant pressure to iterate, ideate and innovate.
Lifting the curtain on other people’s ideas, successes and ideals is one of the most compelling ways to get inspiration, reassurance and momentum for our own creative journeys.
Several podcasts seek to do this, but too often they’re straight lines on the surface. We need something more to help us move through the waves.
Under the Current seeks to tell the stories behind the life and work of creative people who come at the world in interesting ways. They’re globetrotting DJs and design studio owners; restauranteurs and writers; magazine publishers and makeup artists.
Each episode goes beyond a regular interview. It’s a slice of life; something real, past the PR pitch and the box ticks. It’s a journey into the real drivers of the work:
- Dealing with the unknown space between projects
- The tension between creativity and commerce
- Navigating the messy middle and those moments just before success… or failure
- The learnings and people that have helped most on the journey
- The hidden superpowers and skill combinations that drive the work forward
- What changes and evolutions need to happen next in a guest's industry
In our first season, guests include:
- Award-winning former executive producer of The Daily Show
- An international DJ, music producer, & host of 700+ radio shows
- The founder of a high-end women's fashion brand
- The executive director of a leading symphony hall
- and many more...